Posted on October 28th, 2007 at 4:08 pm by Cheesesteak Hoagie
Good guys win today (complete with a heartfelt manhug for Andy Reid and Brad Childress), improving this week’s storyline from “Cowboys and Birds headed in opposite directions as T.O. comes to town” to “Eagles can play their way back into contention with win over Dallas.” I’ll take that.
What I saw from my stool at the bar:
1. You can’t complain about the WRs not making plays this week. The blathermonkeys were mean to the WRs (”Birds’ receivers aren’t good enough“) this week, and the WRs played well — we can only hope in response to this criticism! Screw you, Phil Sheridan! You won’t have Reggie Brown and Kevin Curtis to kick around anymore! They actually have the Curtis catch up on nfl.com — get it while it lasts!
2. I’m sick of rationalizing Trent Cole’s success by saying that he’s just a pass rusher. He’s on a very short list of playmakers on the Eagles defense, and he seems to be the most emotional/ intense guy out there (which is important since there’s no more Trotter or Dawkins). There should be more Trent Cole shirts in the stands. I’ll show my appreciation by adding his name to my tag cloud. Yup, the tag cloud. That’s how we roll here in Web 2.0.
3. Yup, Adrian Peterson is a monster. I spent the entire game convinced/ terrified he was going to break a routine run for a touchdown. Lot of talent there. Yikes.
4. Good Donovan triumphs over Evil Donovan. I may have been seeing things, but Dunavin actually looked a bit spry out there! Sure, he still got run down from behind by a defensive lineman, but McNabb actually seemed 12 percent quicker on his feet this week than last. And he threw the ball well (though the Vikings are pretty bad — 21st in DVOA — against the pass, but hey, we’ll take it). The ball to Greg Lewis was perfect (the big gainer, not the one that Lewis dropped in the end zone).
5. Andy Reid is huge. Wow, I didn’t realize what the stress was doing to Andy Reid until they showed him in a full-length shot walking across the field to check out Gocong’s injury. He really doesn’t look well at all.
- Seeking special teams redemption, Andy Reid turns to Mormon Mafia
- Eagles to rest offensive starters versus San Francisco
- Meaningless vengeance still counts as vengeance
- The least interesting Eagles game since last December
- Supporters excited for derby against Cowboys; also, “Dallas Sucks”