Posted on November 12th, 2007 at 11:34 am by Cheesesteak Hoagie
At the risk of going all-Sheldon-Brown-all-the-time here on BountyBowl, we have to admit that we completely agree with his post-game comments in re: how he expected the Birds to actually blow yesterday’s game:
“Normally, we’d find a way to lose that football game,” said cornerback Sheldon Brown.
So I guess I wasn’t the only one who thought that the Tampa game from ‘06 might happen again.
As noted last week, I really like the Sheldon Brown quotes. Seems like a really smart guy who isn’t afraid to, um, speak something closely approximating the truth, which is apparently chill for defensive backs but not for quarterbacks and coaches. I’m actually shocked that the Ministry of Information and Re-education hasn’t tried to muzzle him or send him to gulag.
Also we’re not going to call him out for being negative during the game just a few days after he accused the home fans of being negative.
(Thanks to Iggles Blog for throwing the quote up on his site this morning.)
Defense heeds Runyan’s stop sign [Philly Daily News]
- The best Eagles drama in a while (thank you, Mr. Rosenhaus!)
- Sheldon Brown convinces us we’re not actually crazy
- Outstanding thing that showed up in my mailbox today #1
- You didn’t need those brain cells anyway (and that’s why we love you)
- Are we all the poison/ problem?