Posted on November 21st, 2007 at 8:18 pm by Cheesesteak Hoagie
This is me shaking my head, yet again, at the oft-Bountied efforts of ProFootballTalk.com:
POSTED 3:44 p.m. EST; UPDATED 3:50 p.m. EST, November 21, 2007
NO McNABB? NO PROBLEM
Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb didn’t practice on Wednesday, due to ankle and thumb injuries. But if he can’t play, on Sunday night or beyond, we’re told that the rest of the team isn’t troubled.
Maybe it’s a reflection of the subtle message that the team sent in April when quarterback Kevin Kolb was the team’s first draft pick in 2007.
Or maybe the players don’t care because they realize that they can be competitive without or without him.
Either way, the nonchalance in the locker room regarding McNabb’s potential absence for one or more weeks is real. And it kept the team from panicking a week ago when McNabb exited what looked to be a potential lost cause against the Dolphins.
A couple things here:
1. Standard unnamed sources named. Uh huh. Got it.
2. In re: “the rest of the team isn’t troubled” — um, what do you want? Do we expect the rest of the team to pee their Underoos and call Mommy for help?
3. The team came together and won the division with a journeyman at quarterback last year. Of course they’re confident they can win without McNabb. That doesn’t mean that they’re a better team without McNabb, but it means that as long as the 36 Chambers of Brian Westbrook is getting it done, and the rest of the NFC is shaky (which it unfortunately isn’t this year), the Birds have a shot. Team game, blah blah blah.
Mike Florio, the bounty just went up. I hope the extra traffic and mentions on the WIP morning show tomorrow are worth it!
Someone get Buddy Ryan on the phone.
- The season is over because the NFC East will never lose another game
- It’s not the end of the world, just what you expect from mediocre NFL teams
- Blathering with the blathermonkeys: 2-4 means it’s time for Kolb?
- We finally have a legit quarterback controversy
- In shocking turn of events, Eagles now least dysfunctional team in division