Posted on June 2nd, 2008 at 2:42 pm by Cheesesteak Hoagie
Mired as we are in loose-rumor-and-puff-piece season, I probably enjoyed the Trevor Laws article on PE.com more than I reasonably should have. Things I learned:
1. He went to a high school with a really good debate team.
2. He’s into music and lists Modest Mouse as one of his favorite bands. Hey! I like Modest Mouse too! We should, like, hang out!
3. He’s had the misfortune of having his head photoshopped onto a Eagles body on his profile page on the team site. This would have normally bypassed my attention were it not for the presence of those little info interstitials that hover on the Eagles site (even after you mouse away). Poor guy; the photo makes him look like he has Charlie Brown’s head.
For some perspective, check the photo of Mike Patterson (below). You figure these guys are about the same size — seems liks a good point of comparison. Note the detail where he actually looks like a human being:
As an FYI, I’ll be submitting said photo to PhotoshopDisasters.com, a recent fave of mine. It’s quite excellent (and you’ll never be able to look at the movie poster for Angelina Jolie in “Wanted” the same way again).
- Mike Patterson not on Darren Howard diet
- They doth protest too much
- Mike Patterson gets caught smoking doobie; Reid kids snicker, “Weed is for sissies.”
- Injured Eagles rookie likes to party, he likes the nightlife; a long-awaited Eagles scandal?
- WIP isn’t paying Hugh Douglas to stop sending text messages and sign this kid’s football