Posted on January 12th, 2009 at 9:58 am by Cheesesteak Hoagie
The day-after mega-post will likely not surface until later this afternoon, but I thought I’d check in with a quick thought on the two fourth-down plays from the fourth quarter of yesterday’s game. I just wanted to note that the Giants feature three All-Pros along their offensive line (one first-teamer, Chris Snee, and two second-teamers, David Diehl and Shaun O’Hara), and that said All-Pros were not able to convert a fourth-and-short with the season on the line.
I mention this not to speak ill of the Giants or the All-Pro voters (we’ll reserve that scorn for whomever picked John Carney, the Giants’ overmatched placekicker), but to suggest that maybe this Birds defensive line really is that good. They certainly were when it mattered yesterday — Bunkley even earned some individual accolades in the ESPN highlight package, that’s gotta be a first for him.
Again, we’ll be quiet most of the day, but before we split, we wanted to send a WTF to the guy who e-mailed me to ask if I had a video of McNabb puking in the Super Bowl. Nope. Nothing handy. Thanks for asking.
Even in these fortunate times, the Haterade flows deep and fast.
(Best regards from the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow.)
- Monday Eagles Hangover: Birds no longer in last place
- So how many NY Giants will need to be arrested in order for the Birds to have a chance Sunday?
- Eagles - Cardinals Game Preview: If it’s the NFC Championship, shouldn’t it be fraught with anxiety?
- Presence of middle linebacker in Nerdbird lineup ends Philly QB controversy
- Will someone please let Sheldon Brown know he’s not supposed to be quite so honest?