Posted on January 17th, 2009 at 3:16 pm by Cheesesteak Hoagie
So I’ve now received two (2) e-mails from NFLShop.com regarding NFC Conference Champions gear. While I’m certainly feeling confident ahead of tomorrow’s game (and have spent a fair amount of time pricing flights and hotels for Tampa), I haven’t actually bought anything yet. And I certainly don’t see myself getting involved with imaginary championship gear, which, despite the fine-print promise of a refund should the Eagles lose, doesn’t feel like a productive retail decision.
Also, I’m as big a sucker for merch as the next fellow, but I don’t understand the implied urgency that would lead one to feel compelled to pre-order one of these shirts or hats. What, so I can get it Tuesday instead of Wednesday? And wear it to the office?
Things must be pretty grim/ desperate at NFLShop.com.
- Tell Shawn Andrews to bring a hankie
- Off-Topic: Live from CBP, Let’s Go Phightins
- To include on list of Eagles employees who didn’t think they’d make the playoffs: the marketing department
- Sweet f*cking Chr*st, he’s wearing T-shirts with slogans again
- Super Bowl Pick a.k.a. GO BIRDS