Posted on August 23rd, 2007 at 10:24 pm by Cheesesteak Hoagie
Despite the fact that Profootballtalk.com is one of our favorite NFL sites — at least in so part due to its delightful penchant for rumormongering — we’re going to need to put a bounty on PFT editor Mike Florio.
Seriously, we typically enjoy the ridiculous tabloid speculation coming out of PFT (it’s like Drudge Report for the NFL), but we don’t like it when we think he’s picking on our favorite team. In two postings since the Trotter release, he’s tried to invent imaginary scandals based on (a) alleged insider info from the locker room or (b) his own fantastical creativity:
- PFT takes a moment to make up some sh*t about McNabb, Birds
- Tell Shawn Andrews to bring a hankie
- Dhani Jones passive-aggressively whinges about being small, ineffective
- PFT runs elusive double reverse to invent McNabb rumors
- A thousand gold pieces to the one who can get McNabb to admit benching had some impact on him!