Posted on September 4th, 2008 at 12:21 am by Cheesesteak Hoagie
So I guess “being b*tchy to each other” is one of the new ideas (along with 17 brand-new “blogs”) that got green lit at Philly.com HQ at the August editorial meeting. This is the second day that they’ve run the faux e-mail exchange thing, and it sure looks like they’re not afraid to get a little Mean Girls in it:
From: Sheridan, Phil
To: Ford, Bob; Gonzalez, John
Subject: DeSean and DeShameless
Full disclosure on hugging. I have not hugged an athlete or coach, but I have been hugged. It was 1988 and the Eagles had just clinched the NFC East title in Dallas. When the door to the locker room opened to the media, I stepped in and was immediately in the clutches of Al Roberts, who was Buddy Ryan’s special-teams coach. I don’t believe we’d been building up to anything. I think I was just the next person in Al’s path.
I see Eskin as a kind of human barometer. If he’s targeted DeSean Jackson as his new, bestest locker-room buddy, that means he thinks Jackson is going to be a star here. And that probably comes directly on the Andy Reid batphone. So we all learn a little something while battling our gag reflex.
A few things here:
1. Someone needs to have an intervention with Bob Ford. The fake e-mails plus yet another I-hate-my-job-my-readers-and-everything-about-my-life column today are really a cry for help. Seriously.
2. I can see them not digging on Eskin. I mean, he does make like 8x their salaries and has the ear of the coach. Fairnuff.
- BountyBowl Goes Facebook (!)
- Angst regarding bus travel, uncomfortable weather drew DeSean Jackson to football
- Iggles Blog vs. BountyBowl Bye Week Blogganza (#2)
- Wow. It’s getting pretty meta in here. We’d better embrace soon!
- Holy crizzap! The people on the talk radio were right!