Posted on December 18th, 2008 at 6:17 pm by Cheesesteak Hoagie
Well, I suppose we should all be flattered.
Check about the above clip (about a month old) from HBO’s The Life and Times of Tim, kicks in about the 3:20 mark.
The premise is that Tim takes his girlfriend’s dad (a big Birds fan) to Giants stadium to hang out with Tim and his buddies (Giants fans all). While there, the girlfriend’s dad is repeatedly insulted by loathsome and uncouth Giants fans, with the phrase “Suck It, Philly” as the unifying thematic element.
1. At the risk of encouraging the Giants fans in my life, that’s a pretty solid catchphrase, and one I expect to hear quite a bit in the coming months/ years.
2. As was observed on the e-mail string that brought me this clip as well as the comments on YouTube, um, it sort of seems like the Philly and New York fan roles are a bit reversed in this video. As in, you’d expect it was the Eagles fan that peed on the Giants fan’s shoes.
3. That said (a), we’ll take it. For once, the joke isn’t about the thuggish Philly faithful and their Santa-hating snowballs and their in-stadium jail cells.
4. That said (b), it’s kind of like they’re calling us sissies. We’d better find someone’s shoes to pee on!
5. They definitely don’t serve cheesesteaks at the Meadowlands. The food there is effing awful.
6. Insulted as I was, I really enjoyed: “‘It’ means ‘penis’ and that’s why there’s an arrow pointing to it.”
(HT Joe Z.)